Saturday, September 13, 2014

Seeking God's Heart

Sheri Graham
Tues 9/2 - After 6 AM prayer. Allyson was going shopping in Chimoio so we hitched a ride. We got our shopping done then dropped off the Religious Affairs letter and my passport to the Immigration Department. We had to wait 1hr, since elections are Oct 15 and all government workers spend time campaigning during work hours! Praise God they have agreed to stamp my visa here so I don’t have to cross into Zim for a border stamp! However, it is a 2-day process, since they only take all the papers and payment the 1st day (although they didn’t make us pay today since they know Maforga well), then stamp them the 2nd day and ready to pick-up after 1pm.  

Guido took a shoppa into town earlier to meet inspectors at the porridge factory he’s trying to open (“trying” being the key word due to looong delays, inconsistent regulations, inefficient bureaucracies and demands for bribes, just like Steph is going through).   Enrique and Cecil flew out today around 1pm – I’ve been praying for the seeds that were sown into their hearts during this trip to germinate, sprout, grow deep healthy roots, flourish, produce much good fruit, and consequently nourish people around them. Jer 17:7-8 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.” We spent most of the day in Chim, so Steph and I made our list and preparations for tomorrow’s work, ate dinner, then watched a movie on her computer.

Wed 9/3  - Steph received a call from the Fire Department that they’ll do safety 
Stephanie's dog helping her sweep the clinic
inspection of the clinic 10 AM tomorrow for her Avada license.  PTL we aren’t in Zim getting my passport stamped! So much for our attack list from last night! So we spent all day cleaning, finishing up light bulbs and plumbing fixtures, scrubbing and moving all the equipment back in (it was all moved out for Enrique to paint floors and has been drying), and anything else to make it safe and presentable. Since water was turned off to the clinic years ago, cleaning meant carrying numerous buckets of water. We powered through the day by blaring worship music on my I-tunes, thankfully getting most of it done by dark. We hadn’t eaten breakfast or lunch, but we were so tired that we just made a huge bowl of popcorn, watched a movie and fell asleep.


My am devotion was Ex 35:10 'And all the wise-hearted among you come in, and make all that Jehovah hath commanded…’ (many translations say skillful, gifted or craftsman). In building the tabernacle, God would only use those whose hearts were aligned with His, and who would use His wisdom, not their own, to build His tabernacle His way, not their own way. As I pondered this, I wondered how many times (a million at least?) that I’ve just gone ahead and done something because I knew how, and never stopped to ask God how He wanted it done, if at all? 

I’ve been seeking God’s heart since I arrived regarding my future here in Maforga, and I was fully immersed in this conversation with the Lord about doing my ministry (ultimately His ministry) His way here in Maforga, as I walked to get more water this am to clean the clinic. As I walked and talked to the Lord, I decided to take a less-traveled path this time, and as I turned the corner onto the old path that was becoming overgrown with grass and littered with leaves…the path was suddenly carpeted with bright purple flowers like God had thrown beautiful flowered confetti to exclaim “Yes, this hidden path, one you hadn’t considered taking before, I want you to walk along this path with Me!” (I’ve sent a pix of it, but the real thing much more startlingly magnificent, probably since I was seeing it partly thru the eyes of my heart)


Sheri and Steph walking to the boys' side
Thurs 9/4 - I worked on clinic in the AM to finish scrubbing years of orange stain and waterscale off the white bathroom tile walls and floor, and a final mop of floors.  Lovemore raked the 4” of leaves that carpeted the entire area and road of the clinic and waiting area. Steph did chicken inventory since Zacharias returned from holiday and resumed chicken duty from Lovemore.  Then she and Sarah Tanis counseled a young woman. The clinic passed inspection, PTL! I had emptied the 20gal tub and 5 gal can of water in cleaning the clinic (guys and I used them to store water for the frequent times we didn’t have running water), so I disinfected them in preparation to start slowly filling them again when extra water is available. We had used the can to fill with water then pour into tub, and we thought the white stuff occasionally coming out of the can was calcium scale. But I found the can was growing green and black mildew and a white yogurt-like crud all along the top – Yuck! I had purified our 20gal with a very low dose of bleach the 3rd week in fear of growth starting, but never thought of the can.

 I saw Daniel on the way to Women’s 4pm prayer – he has had Malaria for the past few days but is starting to feel and look much better. At prayer we praised God for a woman that has been attending Sarah’s bible study and accepted Christ a few weeks ago! The woman has many sad stories and issues going all the way back to childhood, but…"If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32.  Sarah called me an encourager, and I’ve been told by several people that Maforga needs more encouragers. I never really see myself that way. I do know, however, that unity in the body is always crucial, especially when you’re constantly attacking enemy territory, and being attacked by the enemy. Sarah has been here for 17-18yrs and she says the support amongst the sisters has never been stronger. I pray that those bonds keep strengthening in Jesus Christ, by Whose blood the bonds can never be broken. We also prayed for the men to have the same unity.

Sheri with kids at church
Eph 4:1-6 …walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. I ’ll mail a copy of Kingdom Man to Sarah for Kees when I return to US, or send it back w/Steph after her furlough in US. After supper I worked on the curtains until midnight. Those darn curtains are becoming my stumbling block, or my giant standing between me and the promise land! Ugh…curtains…remind me to always get blinds.


Fri 9/5  - Raining all day so can’t do laundry (wash in river and dry outside). I’ve been doing bible study, and re-organizing now that the guys are gone and I have some time. Steph is working on her masters’ degree, which is behind since she’s had our team plus the Zim trip + breaking down + clinic stuff + chickens +++! 

I realized this AM that I leave in 3 weeks, which honestly makes me sad. I really feel like God wants me here, but He hasn’t put out the neon sign yet that says exactly what He wants me to do, how and when. I wonder if He won’t tell me the details cuz I might say, Oh no, no way! I sure hope I wouldn’t say that to my Lord. Or maybe He has told me, but I’m missing it cuz I’m looking in the wrong direction or have a sinful stumbling block in the way of receiving from Him. Oh, I think I’ll add the neon sign to my catch phrase: I want to make sure I’m hearing clearly from God, so for confirmation I want 3 Words, 2 visions, 1 angel…and a neon sign! No wonder I can’t hear clearly from Him, huh?! Please pray for me! I don’t want to miss His call! I want to be in a state of mind-soul-spirit where my will is completely pliable for Him and I can experience everything He desires to pour into me! To be sanctified wholly to Him! 

Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work” -2 Tim 2:21-22.  “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil” - 1 Thess 5:16-22.

Steph, Mavis, Sheri

Allyson, Sheri, Nanna

No comments:

Post a Comment