Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A Heart for the Kids

Enrique Rincon

Saturday Aug 16, 2014 - I have been wanting to tell you guys about my last Sunday experience.

Last night we all slept like babies! We got up, had some breakfast and started getting ready for Sunday service. A couple of little kids followed us right away; one took Cecil’s hand and the other one took mine.  The one with Cecil left right away but the one with me stayed the whole time with me.

The girls worship was just AWESOME.  I wish I would have taken the camcorder to record them, maybe next time. Then came the boys and they sang some songs. We sing one of the same songs in our Spanish ministry on Fridays.  They did an AWESOME job as well.  By then I was really regretting not taking the camcorder, maybe next time as well.

Enrique sharing at church
After this I got up and introduced myself and shared a little bit of myself.  And then Sheri got up to give the message and let me tell you, SHE DID AN AWESOME JOB as well!  Towards the end, I felt like the little boy was feeling kind of comfortable with me and fell asleep so I put him on my lap and every now and then he would shake, but I would hold him tight and he would stop.  On the last one, he just got so relaxed and I saw how he just let go and one of Pastor Rick’s favorite words, AND THEN IT HAPPENED! One of us had a wetting incident; to this day, Cecil says that it was me.  I don’t know about that one!  

One of the girls came to take him and I came to change as well and took advantage of getting my camcorder to ask the boys to sing that song one more time so I could record them.  You should have seen how well we connected.  We understood each other pretty well and I think I made some kind of difference in their lives.  They kept asking me to take pictures with them and kept inviting me to go to the boys side and hang out with them some more.  I got so many hugs from them.  These are WONDERFUL PEOPLE!


After service we had lunch with Daniel and Sarah at Stephanie’s.  We had a great lunch/dinner for me, ( I ate so much).  We fellowshipped with them for about 1 hour and then we went to pick grapefruit.  We brought back 2 ½ sacks. Vasco (Stephanie’s 10 yr old friend) got up in the tree.   And with me being tall, I got the ones up to 9 ft.  On the way down there, Cecil tried to hold Jacenta’s hand, Daniel’s & Sarah’s adopted daughter, and she ran away from him (so would I).  She took my hand and didn’t let go until we came back to their house. I’m not sure if these kids see something in me.  I hope that if they do see something it is THE LIGHT OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST shining through!!! God Bless you all and we miss you guys, see you soon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment